Goddesses unite! it’s time to liberate your inner shakti – your innate feminine power. Give yourself the gift of this time in nature to restore balance and vitality.
During this week in the beautiful Healing Centre we will reconnect with both the energies of Mother Earth and our naturally arising feminine wisdom. As we consciously link our awareness to nature’s cycles, our understanding of our own cycles begin to deepen. Preparing for the Autumn Equinox (September 23 rd ) we will cultivate a sense of abundance, reflect on our personal harvest and prepare to let go of those things that are no longer serving us.
Allow your heart, mind and body to align and refocus on what’s important.
Nourish your soul – welcome home to yourself
Suitable for all women at all life stages (unfortunately not suitable if pregnant).
No experience necessary – this is about your inward journey.
- 6 nights’ accommodation
- All meals & refreshments – fresh, locally-sourced vegetarian/ vegan food
- Transfer to and from Lisbon airport
- Day trip to São Simão – picturesque village with a walk down to a beautiful gorge (wild swimming)
Daily programme including the following:
- Shiva Shakti Flow = (Vinyasa Flow & Womb Yoga embracing both our strong masculine energy (Shiva) and our softer feminine energy (Shakti)
- Guided meditations and Pranayama breathing, connecting the heart with our womb space
- Shakti circles – women’s circles – a safe space to be heard, let go and feel held
- Cyclical wisdom and charting
- Mizan Therapy – guided self-massage (external womb and abdominal massage)
- Kirtan – music and mantra chanting
- Sacred gestures & mudras for welcoming in our shakti
- Wild swimming & waterfall visits
- Private Mizan therapy taster
- Opportunity to receive the ‘Rite of the Womb’
- Fire ceremony for the Autumn Equinox
YOUR HOST TEACHER LIZ BORTOLI
Hi, my name is Liz. I have been practicing all things Yoga for almost 11 years now. As with most things that we are passionate about, it has been my own personal journey that has led me to this beautiful work of the divine feminine… and what a journey it has been!
On this retreat I bring together for you my passion of Vinyasa Flow Yoga combined with Womb Yoga and the wonderful teachings of Uma Dinsmore-Tuli.
Womb Yoga is a softer, more feminine approach to Yoga, honouring and respecting our lunar and life cycles in our practice. I combine this with the stronger aspects of Vinyasa Flow Yoga to give you the ‘Shiva/ Shakti’ Yoga experience. I am also a Mizan – womb and abdominal massage – Therapist.
What brings me so much joy is having the opportunity to share this wonderful skill with you women so that you can massage yourself and have a better connection with your wombspace – a skill that is somewhat lost in our society.
I am passionate about music and love the meditative effects that chanting and singing mantras can bring.
Whether you wish to share your voice or simply listen, I’m sure you’ll find it to be a beautifully unifying and bonding experience to share with your ‘sisters’.
I live in the Peak District and have a genuine passion for the countryside. I really believe that the more we connect with nature, the more profound a connection we have with ourselves. Thus, the Gravito Healing Retreat centre was a natural choice – an absolute haven for all us nature lovers. So, we’ll be embracing all of the opportunities that being outdoors affords – toes in grass, connecting with Mother Earth.
I am so excited to welcome you and your Shakti into our circle.